Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pres Day 2 & 3 & Aftermath..

The second day of Pres Day found Melee with another Sunday morning win! The day overall was a bit of a blur.
Won in ultimate point over Western Washington.
Lost to Arizona when we tried to come back too late.

Monday morning lost to Western Washington (yeah, played them again..)
Then handily beat Humboldt in our final game of the weekend. The key being BREAKING MARKS. who knew?

A memorable moment of mine was a layout score that had me on the ground for a while afterward.

It was great to see Tool! The tournament was very smooth, despite all the craziness of switching cities, etc.  I also got to see Imli from UCSD and some other frisbee chums. Our men's team even made it to semis!

I love Melee. Everyone played awesome. We have a lot of work ahead of us but I see the path ending exactly as we had planned :)

My quad is in recovery before this weekend when I have houston indoor and the hat tournament I'm running is on Sunday! Being a tournament director is a growing experience, and I am excited to meet the challenge.

Easterns in t-minus 16 days. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment