Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Crazy Week

Well, a lot has happened recently. I just got through a week's worth of academic misery only to be rewarded with an acceptance letter from one of my three grad schools- Wisconsin! Haven't gotten in touch with their captains.. waiting to hear from Colorado and UT still :)

Last weekend I played at Houston Indoor all day Sat. Lost in the finals, after a surprise upset to the favored winners. Losing to Stephen Presley in the finals wasn't so bad.. I was tired.

Sunday was my hat tournament to benefit UT's women's program and J Leon (a fellow frisbee player)'s brain cancer treatment. It was great! First time really TDing and it was tough but rewarding. After all those long hours and the assistance of Julie Paik and Charlie Stavlo I can say I'm proud of the result! I hope to host another one in the Fall of next year :) We raised over 1500 dollars which will go directly to Melee and Mayhem. Not quite sure what we will use it on yet.. but it won't go to waste that's for darn sure!

Today I decided, along with Julie Paik and Laura Markham, to make the journey out to Mardi Gras north of Baton Rouge for some frisbee with the TX State girls who had low numbers. We are excited and have made this drive many times since the three of us all played Mayhem three years ago. Whoo!

Weekend after Mardi Gras is EASTERNS. This is a biggie. We hope to exceed everyone's expectations and play to our POTENTIAL. Melee had a chat at a well-focused practice last night about re-committing to our aspirational goals of Nationals greatness.

I did our outside of practice workout and lifted by myself today, plus have an easier three weeks from school til just after Centex SO i am fully committed to that vision. This is just what I needed to remember what we are aiming for. Who knows where we will end up, I only know I am willing to do whatever it takes to get there.

Let's go Melee! And if you're playing Mardi Gras see you there ;) apparently we are wearing a themed costume to the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment