Friday, February 4, 2011

A cold week in Austin

Well, UT had a snow day today (crazy, right?) so, i thought i'd take the time to make another blog entry.. also, julie told me to and SINCE i'm a good friend i'm obliging her haha.

Basically, the team was at the Rec tues & thurs and gregory today getting our weight-liftin' on because (for us texans) the weather was intolerably cold. Plus, I've discovered I really need warmer/waterproof gloves. And a coat. And boots. I've lived in sweats for a week, which is pretty unusual for a jeans-lover like myself. That got off topic- So, we did our weights circuit that we established last year. Yesterday me, whit, ash, hannah, janel were led by di & baron in the P90X abs.. punch me in the face. There was one I couldn't do at all where you're on your side. It was upsetting.

An indoor "favorite" (as in, best workout but least enjoyed) is running stairs! I did this tues with whit, ash, lola and hannah and it's pretty great for your calves. Some people ran our typical stair workout yesterday in this tall building on campus. It's run up, then karaoke up, then hop one footed, then bound every other. If you want a quick, intense workout that's for sure the way to go.

Pres Day is only TWO WEEKS AWAY. My roomie and I were discussing if we are where we need to be at this point. I think we are. We hope to have a really strong showing and beat some teams we will see later in the season. Maybe all the weightlifting will make my flick hucks that much further. Either way, I'm geared up for tournament season.

However, the BIG THING ON MY BRAIN is a fundraiser hat tournament I am hosting on the 27th of February at our UT Intramural fields!
Details here: http://utwomensfrisbee.wordpress.com/
there are signups and DONATION links there. I'm really hoping it'll help the women's program budget get a bit ahead and it's always great to support everyone in the ultimate community. This is my first attempt at hosting a tournament and hopefully with julie as my main assistant and the program behind me we can meet our goals! I've always said if I make enough money I'm going to start a frisbee scholarship post-grad.. it stinks how fast plane flights and all that add up, but money shouldn't be a reason someone can't play with Melee. So, that's something to think about.

Basically, yay frisbee. I want to be back running on a field with room to huck. For now, I will enjoy my snow day and stay in sweats and get some reading done etc etc.

To all the cold weather teams out there- I salute you.

Melee Love,
Libs

No comments:

Post a Comment