Monday, February 20, 2012

WOW PRES DAY.

Three days in California with great weather (as opposed to all the UT chums at mardi gras over the weekend).. wow is all i can say. 

We were missing alexe this weekend with an ear infection and amy made the trip out there sat-sun but we really had a fantastic weekend, despite missing Tina the whole time!

We went 3-1 saturday. beating Humboldt, Claremont and UCLA then losing to UCSB. Red zone conversion and de-line offense was the name of that game and we've got a lot to improve on but what we saw was so promising! Hannah was out with a concussion and I pulled my hamstring.
Sunday we went 2-1 beating UCSD and Colorado with a good point diff. losing 11-12 to Sonoma. I wasn't concussed but sat out a while so can't say much about the middle of the game, but we finished strong and know what we need to work on.
Monday (today) we beat Humboldt again first thing then went 12-9 over Carleton (after they got a forfit in to our game). It was awesome! 7-2 finish on the weekend. A lot of amazing plays by everyone and a lot of things we know we can improve on :)


This weekend made me appreciate my health.. antibiotics kicked in and new inhaler worked wonders. I am looking forward to playing my next tournament NOT after having to go a week without cardio.


Melee. Is love. And this weekend was mindblowing to witness. Five years in the program and this is chemistry like I've never seen. Can't wait to play some more! But grad school and a shower are calling my name. 


This blog was rushed. But it was fun to return home to emails about Centex.. and a lot of teams cheering "See you at Centex" has everyone's energy high!


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment